TSC Finally updates the New Salary scales for newly Teachers to be Hired in 2022. A professional secondary school teacher hired by Kenya’s Teachers Service Commission (TSC) for the first time is categorized as belonging to job group K, which is the starting point and is currently known as grade C2 and also known as Secondary Teacher II.
Any newly hired teacher is usually put on probation for a minimum of six (6) months after being absorbed by TSC, according to the appointment letter they receive.
READ ALSO: Form three notes
Incase the teacher’s performance isn’t up to par, the probationary period could be prolonged in some cases.
The Teachers service commission states that a diploma is the bare minimum required for teaching in a secondary school, however the majority of secondary school instructors today hold doctorate degrees.
READ ALSO: Kenyans are advised not to self medicate with pain relievers particularly Diclofenac
All newly hired teachers in job group K, or grade C2, receive a commuter payment of KSH 5000 and a rental home allowance of KSH 7500 each month.
The graduate teacher can now transport KSH 38000 home in total. However, this sum is altered if you have already benefited from a HELB loan since a portion is subtracted.
READ ALSO: How to get police abstract forms online
Following is a breakdown of the pay for a newly hired graduate teacher in a secondary school:
1. Basic Salary ksh.34,955
2 . House Allowance ksh 7,500
3 .Commuter Allowance ksh. 5,000.
4 .Total Earnings (before deductions) KSH 47,455.
The Teachers should be aware that a freshly hired teacher’s compensation is susceptible to a number of additional deductions. The deductions consist of:
- -Children’s and Widow’s Pension Scheme, which costs around 699.10 Kenyan Shillings.
- – The recovery of about Ksh. 5000 in student loan debt.
- -The HElB reduction mentioned above only applies to the teachers who benefited.
- Aside from sacco savings, other deductions include payments provided to teachers’ unions including KNUT and KUPPET, KEWOTA, and PAYE.
- READ ALSO: Man accused of torturing twins and assaulting their mother undergoing treatment at Kenyatta national hospital
Leave a Reply