The Kenyan teacher is subject to a lot of workplace consequences. Any teacher who breaches the Code of Conduct faces harsh consequences from the Teachers Service Commission (TSC). As the Commission has shown, the procedure for detaining and dismissing a teacher is fairly involved.
Here is a list of the top ten mistakes teachers should avoid:
1. Don’t send a student from your class during teaching and learning as a result of poor behavior. This is due to the fact that you cannot control what the student may be doing outside, which can work against you in the event of an accident.
2. Avoid touching of students inappropriately.This is due to the possibility that the learner would allege that they experienced physical or sexual abuse. You might not be able to challenge it.
READ ALSO: New TSC Qualifications for Primary Teachers to teach in junior secondary
3. Don’t assign tasks that you won’t have time to grade. Assignments and homework that are not marked reflect incompetence or unprofessionalism.
4. Don’t subject your students to emotional punishment. It lessens their chances of improving as learners.
5. Don’t limit your teaching to the time allotted to you, especially if you are preparing students for external exams. Increase your learners’ contact time.
6. In a classroom, lab, workplace, etc., don’t stay with a student who is by themselves. It is not allowed by the child protection policy. Avoid teaching from a single angle.
READ ALSO: How to check your pension processing status online
7. Avoid making a child kneel for a long period of time. You can be unaware of a health issue he or she is facing.
8. Don’t plot to get your school’s headmaster fired ( Head of Department, academic head etc). Everything in the universe is round.
9. Avoid becoming a difficult teacher and don’t let any learners feel that you’re acting aggressively. Maintain a positive outlook despite your personal struggles.
10. Don’t treat students unfairly. There shouldn’t be anyone’s favorite student. Every child is valuable.
READ ALSO: The following 1025 principals and head teachers have been relieved by TSC check out for more information
Leave a Reply